The reasons for having a sunless tan are very varied. The main one being that prolonged exposure to the suns harmful rays causes premature aging and cancers of the skin.
Spray Tanning gives you the colour that you want without having to worry about these harmful side effects.
A sunless tan is applied in a matter of minutes and you can have instant colour with the colour guide. You will see the final colour after your first shower.
Spraying by hand allows me to ensure that those problem areas associated with sunless tanning are problem areas no more, as I can ensure that they are blended and streak free.
With proper maintenance between 7 - 10 days.
The key ingredient to maintaining a sunless tan is moisturising. You must moisturise every day.
Your tan will last longer and be a better colour if you apply a tan enhancer every second to third day.
Your lifestyle could affect how your tan fades. Constant exposure to water and excessive exercise will fade your tan very quickly
You will need to exfoliate, shave or wax 24 hours prior to applying a spray tan. You must also ensure that your whole body has been moisturised 24 hours before a spray tan to ensure even application.
On the day of your tan you must avoid, moisturisers, perfumes, make-up and deodorant as they may cause a barrier that will prevent your tan from developing properly
You will need to undress in preparation for your spray tan. You can wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. I can provide you with a disposable thong or alternatively you can wear a bikini, swimming costume or even an old set of your own underwear. I will also provide you with a hair net and a face mask.
Next, I will moisturise any dry areas of your body, these tend to be knees, elbows and ankles. I will also ask you to apply a barrier cream to the palms of your hands and the soles of your feet.
Once this is done we are ready to begin, I will apply a light spray of solution to your whole body. I will then remove any traces of tan from your palms and soles of the feet. Once you are completely dry you can get dressed.
The whole process takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
For your first 8 hours you should dress in loose clothing as anything tight may remove the colour from your skin. You will get some minimal rub-off stain on your clothing so darker clothing may be more practical. Jeans are a big no-no as your tan will definately be patchy.
You may shower after 8 hours and the beautiful golden tan will be revealed.
It is recommended you follow these general guidelines to maintain your tan:
• Moisturise daily to extend the tan. Tan extender is recommended.
• Avoid long hot baths and showers as these speed up exfoliation, which will fade the tan.
• Avoid using high street soaps, shower gels or bubbles baths that contain parabens or sodium lauryl sulphates, as these will fade your tan more quickly.
• It is advisable to wear washing up gloves as the hands are one of the first parts of the body where your tan will fade.
• Pat your skin dry after a bath or shower. Rubbing your skin may rub off your tan.
• Avoid swimming pools or seawater, as these can reduce your tan. If you do swim then use a waterproof moisturiser on you skin that will help act as a barrier.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information or to book your sunless appointment
Tel : 07756626565